– Definition of Discouragement – To deprive of confidence or hope.
– Discouragement also means – Depressed, Despirited, Pessimistic.
– Psalm 25:4-5 – Our Hope is in the Lord, we cannot lose our hope.
– Psalm 42:11 – Why be downcast; praise God.
Being Discouraged Angers God
– Numbers 32:9-11 – Discouragment angers God.
God promises not to leave us
– Deuteronomy 31:8 – God PROMISES not to leave or forsake us.
Discouragment And Depression Are Not Natural
– Joshua 1:9 – God commands us not to be discouraged.
Since God commands us not to be discouraged, is it a sin to be depressed?
WHY WE AS CHRISTIANS MUST SUFFER
– John 16:33 – This world is full of suffering, we are not exempt. Suffering is a sign that we are alive.
– 1 Peter 1:7 – Tests our faith to prove it is strong and real faith that gives glory to Jesus.
– James 1:3 – When faith is tested Endurance can grow.
– Proverbs 3:11-12 – God, being our Father must discipline us to show his love for us. Discipline is a sign of his love.
– Hebrews 12:7-8 – God disciplines his children, we are his children.
WHAT SUFFERING DOES TO US
– James 1:4 – Develops perseverance.
– Perseverance – perseverance = makes one steadfast.
Steadfast = firm in belief, determination, or adherence : LOYAL.