The Bible predicts many specific signs that will culminate in the last days. Notice that none of these prophecies are vague. Also consider that Jesus indicated these signs would arise concurrently (pretty much at the same time), gaining momentum like birth pains, as His return draws near (Matthew 24:33-34, Matthew 24:8).
Though many of these prophecies won’t climax until the Tribulation period, our generation is the first to see every trend in place. As the final seconds of this age tick away, these events will come into even clearer focus.
Keep in mind as you read this list that these prophecies were penned 1900 to 3500 years ago!
1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3).
2. Mankind would be capable of destroying all life (Matthew 24:21-22). Consider that when Jesus made this prediction the armaments of His day were swords and spears. But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth.
3. The use of nuclear weapons anticipated (Zechariah 14:12).
The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims –
just as Zechariah predicted 2500 years ago.
4. There would be a global cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3).
5. The Antichrist would use (false) peace to destroy many (Daniel 8:23-25). With all the problems facing mankind, multitudes are looking for a “savior” to usher in peace and prosperity without moral accountability. The Antichrist will promise the world such a peace if they follow him – but his intentions will be sinister.
6. Damascus would be destroyed (Isaiah 17:1, 14; Jeremiah 49:23-27; Amos 1:3-5). Damascus, Syria is increasingly in the news and is extremely anti-Semitic. Many terrorist organizations have their bases in Damascus. God declares that they will become a ruinous heap because they have violently taken what was not theirs.
7. Chaotic weather would be prevalent (Luke 21:25-26). Jesus foresaw “the seas and the waves roaring” in the last days. He also likened these signs to birth pangs (Matthew 24:8). The Greek word odin, often translated as sorrows in Matthew 24:8, literally means birth pangs.
Furthermore, the apostle Paul reminded us that the creation itself will be delivered from the curse at the end of the age (Romans 8:21). And that the “the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs” (Romans 8:22).
As delivery draws near, birth pangs always increase in both intensity and frequency. Therefore, the creation itself would travail as the time of delivery draws near. Of course chaotic weather has always existed, but there are indications that we are witnessing an increase in strange weather.
8. Global communications foreseen (Revelation 11:9-10; 17:8).
The Bible predicts that the entire world will “see” certain events unfold.
The invention of the television and the deployment of global satellite networks during the 20th century allow news to travel the world at the speed of light for the first time ever. Remember that in the apostle John’s day, news traveled at the speed of horseback.
9. The Christian gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10). Today, portions or all of the Bible have been translated into over 2,300 languages and dialects covering over 90% of the world’s population.
10. There would be a move toward a global government (Daniel 2:40-44; 7:23; Revelation 13:7-8). The former Roman Empire – which encompassed present-day Europe – would revive and eventually dominate the world.
The European Union has steadily moved forward in its attempt to unite Europe politically and economically. It has succeeded in creating a European parliament, a court, and a common currency.
11. Literal Babylon (formerly called Babel) would reemerge in the land of Shinar – known today as Iraq (Zechariah 5:11; Genesis 10:10; Genesis 11:1-9; Isaiah 13). Saddam Hussein spent over 20 years and many hundreds of millions of dollars rebuilding the city of Babylon.
12. The possesion of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3). Almost daily the world news reports on the conflict over Jerusalem.
13. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.
14. Increased interest in vegetarianism anticipated (1 Timothy 4:3-4). The New Age Movement has swept the globe during the past 40 years popularizing this.
15. Many wars would erupt (Mark 13:7-8). According to Project Ploughshares, there are about 40 armed conflicts in the world today.
16. The earth would be filled with violence (Luke 17:26; Genesis 6:11-13). In the United States alone, violent crime has increased nearly 500% since 1960.
Fifty years ago abortion (the violent murder of an unborn child) was illegal in most countries. Today abortion is legal in most countries and 50 million children are aborted each year.
Jesus also predicted that there would be fearful sights (Luke 21:11). The Greek word translated fearful is phobetron, which can also be translated terror. According to the U.S. State Department, between 1981 and 2000, there were 9,179 international terrorist attacks.
17. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4; Isaiah 11:9). Specifically, this is referring to an understanding of Bible prophecy, but also an increase in scientific knowledge is implied.
18. Despite an increase in scientific knowledge, deadly diseases (which the Bible calls “pestilences”) would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7).
Emerging diseases such as AIDS, Ebola, Hanta virus, Dengue, West Nile, SARS, etc., underscore this fact. Ironically, just a few decades ago, some scientists were forecasting that advances in medicine might soon eradicate deadly diseases.
19. There would be technology capable of tracking the world’s population and commerce (Revelation 13:16-17).
20. Despite technological advancements, famines would be common (Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:5-8).
21. The ancient city of Petra (Sela – the rock city) in Jordan would exist and become the refuge for the fleeing Jews during the Tribulation (Isaiah 16:1-4; Matthew 24:16; Revelation 12:6, 14).
In 1994, Jordan and Israel signed a peace treaty making Petra a potential refuge for fleeing Jews.
22. Russia (Magog) would rise as a military power and lead a surprise attack on Israel just prior to the final seven years of this age (Ezekiel 38). Today, most of the southern states of the former Soviet Union are both military powerhouses and Muslim.
23. Turkey (Meshech) would also turn on Israel in the same surprise attack (Ezekiel 38). In November of 2002, Turkey elected a pro-Islamic party to govern the country.
24. Iran (Persia), Sudan (Cush), and Libya (Put) would also partake in the surprise attack on Israel (Ezekiel 38).
Anti-Semitism in the Arab world is rampant. According to the Koran and Hadith, all Muslims are commanded to kill Jews, Christians, and non-believers in Jihad (holy war) unless they convert to Islam (Surahs 9:5 and 47:4; Volume 1, book 2, numbers 24 and 35).
25. Ironically, Egypt and Jordan would not participate in this surprise attack (Ezekiel 38). Astoundingly, they are the only two Arab nations that have signed a peace treaty with Israel. Jordan signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994 and Egypt signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1979.
26. Birds of prey would eat the dead flesh of the enemy armies that fall in battle against Israel (Ezekiel 39:4, 17; Revelation 19:17-21).
It is a little known fact that Israel is the bird migration capital of the world. In fact, 500 million to 1.5 billion birds fly over Israel each spring. During the fall migration an estimated 1 to 4 billion birds traverse Israel. Many of these migratory birds are raptors – carrion (dead flesh) eating birds of prey. In fact, 34 species of raptors migrate over Israel.
27. Great signs from heaven predicted (Luke 21:11). Both natural and supernatural phenomena in the earth and sky appear to be increasing.
28. The sun would scorch the inhabitants of the earth (Revelation 16:8-9). Though this prophecy is clearly a divine judgment on unrepentant mankind, it is interesting that a compromise in the earth’s atmosphere due to nuclear war or other ecological disaster could facilitate this judgment.
29. The nation Israel would be born in one day (Isaiah 66:8).
On May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation.
30. The Jews would begin to regather in Israel (Jeremiah 31:7-10; Ezekiel 37:21-22; 38:8). 5.4 million and counting!
31. The Jews would regain control of biblical Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:6; Luke 21:24).
This happened in 1967!
32. The Eastern Gate would remain closed until the Messiah returns. At Christ’s Second Coming, He will enter Jerusalem through the now sealed Eastern Gate (Ezekiel 44:1-3). Today, as predicted, the Eastern Gate remains sealed.
33. The nation of Israel, which had been divided into two kingdoms since the time of Solomon (950 B.C.) – Israel in the north and Judah in the south – would be one united nation in the last days (Ezekiel 37:15-17, Ezekiel 37:22). At present, as predicted, Israel is one nation.
34. The returning Jews would have no king in the last days (Hosea 3:4-5). Amazingly, not only is Israel no longer a theocracy, but today the Jewish state is governed by a democracy comprised of some 30 political parties.
35. During the diaspora (the dispersion of the Jews to the four corners of the globe), Israel would become a wasteland (Deuteronomy 29:23-28; Ezekiel 36:8-11; Ezekiel 36:33-36). During the past 1900 years Israel became a nearly uninhabited, desolate wasteland.
36. Israel, once a desolate desert, would blossom in the last days and export produce to the world (Isaiah 27:6; 35:1-2; Ezekiel 36:34-36). Israel’s increased rainfall and world-renowned irrigation technology have caused the land to blossom.
Incredibly, as predicted, they currently export 800 million dollars worth of fresh produce each year.
37. Israel would once again plant vineyards on the mountains of Israel (Joel 3:17-18; Amos 9:13). Today, sweet wine flows from the Golan Heights and many other vineyards on the mountains of Israel.
38. The last days Jews would plant forests of trees. The Bible even specifies the variety of trees – cedar, acacia, myrtle, oil, cypress, pine, and box (Isaiah 41:18-20). This has happened in our day.
39. Though Israel would be the focus of many fulfilled prophecies, most Jews would remain blind to the fact that Jesus is their Messiah until the very end (Luke 19:41-42; Luke 13:34-35; Romans 11:25-26).
40. The Euphrates River would be dried up (Revelation 16:12). Today, the massive Ataturk Dam in Turkey, completed in 1990, can hold back the Euphrates to a trickle.
41. Asia (the kings from the east) would be capable of deploying a 200-million-man army during earth’s final days (Revelation 9:14-16; 16:12). Bear in mind, in Jesus’ day there were only an estimated 170 to 400 million people on the entire planet.
42. Population explosion predicted (Revelation 7:9, 14). The apostle John, who wrote the Book of Revelation, was told the number of an army in the last days – two hundred million (Revelation 9:16). This was the approximate population of the world at that time.
That John also beholds “a great multitude which no one could number” coming out of the Great Tribulation at the end of the age (Revelation 7:9, 14). indicates an enormous number of people on planet earth in the last days.
43. The nations would bud (Luke 21:29-33). In Scripture, the tree is often used figuratively of a nation (Ezekiel 31:3-6; Daniel 4:20-22). During the past century we have seen the end of the colonial era and the rapid growth in the number of newly formed independent nations.
44. Egypt, one of the world’s greatest ancient civilizations, would exist in the last days – but only as a lowly third world nation (Ezekiel 29:14-16). Today, as predicted, Egypt remains an impoverished nation. To show how amazing this prophecy is, compare modern Egypt with the tiny nation of Austria. Egypt has ten times more land area, and a population eight times greater then Austria. Yet, Epypt’s Gross Domestic Product is only one-fifth of Austria’s GDP.
45. Earthquakes occurring in diverse places predicted.
46. Marriage would be forbidden by many (1 Timothy 4:3). The Bible states that marriage is honorable among all (Hebrews 13:4). Despite this, the Catholic Church forbids their 400,000 priests 800,000 nuns, and numerous bishops, cardinals, nuns, and monks from marrying. The Orthodox Church, as well as Hindus, Buddhists, and other religious groups also impose mandatory celibacy for certain orders.
47. Deceptive signs and wonders would abound
(Matthew 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9).
48. Youth would become increasingly rebellious
(2 Timothy 3:2-3; Mark 13:12).
49. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4). Prior to the industrial revolution, few individuals traveled beyond their community. Until recently, horse, foot, and boat were the only modes of transportation. Yet, in our day millions travel to and fro great distances every year.
50. The rise of anti-Semitism worldwide anticipated (Joel 3:2; Zechariah 12:2-3). In the 1940s, Hitler tried to exterminate every Jew. And in the final 3 � years of the Tribulation, Antichrist will turn on the Jews and attempt the same.
51. Jesus said Christians would be hated for His name’s sake (Luke 21:17; Revelation 6:9-11; 20:4). The banning of the Bible, prayer, the Ten Commandments, nativity scenes, Christmas songs, etc., reflects this trend. Also consider that more Christians were martyed during the past century than during any other period in history.
52. Humanity would become increasingly materialistic and lovers of pleasure (2 Timothy 3:1-5).
53. Homosexuality would be flaunted at the end of the age (Luke 17:28-30; Genesis 19).
Ask your grandparents if there were such things as Gay Pride parades in their day.
54. The Hebrew language would be restored (Zephaniah 3:9). Remarkable, but today Hebrew is once again the official language of Israel.
Ultimately, when Christ returns to set up His kingdom, all people will share one speech. Not only will one language be restored, as it was before Babel (Genesis 11:1), but all people will call on the Lord with one accord.
55. The Ethiopian Jews would return to Israel (Zephaniah 3:10).
At least 60,000 Ethiopian Jews have returned during the past 20 years.
56. Substantial wealth and luxuries foreseen (James 5:1-3; Revelation 3:17; Revelation 18). It is interesting that 40 years ago some authorities forecasted that the growing mass of humanity was so quickly depleting the world’s resources, that many resources would be exhausted in a few decades. Yet today, vast material wealth and luxuries are in abundant supply – just as the Bible indicated 2000 years ago.
57. Despite increases in wealth, disparity between the wealthy and poor would continue to increase (Revelation 6:6). In Scripture, oil and wine often denote luxurious abundance (Proverbs 21:17; Joel 2:24; Revelation 18:13). Therefore this prophecy indicates that the wealthy will continue to flourish while the poor can scarcely afford bread.
Thirty years ago, the world’s richest 20% had 30 times the income of the poorest quintile. Today the ratio is 60 to 1. That means that the top 20% account for 85% of the world income, while the bottom billion’s share is only 1.4%.
58. Stress would increase because of selfishness (2 Timothy 3:1-2). In verse 1 of 2 Timothy 3, the Greek word chalepos can be translated perilous or difficult or grievous or stressful. The main reason for this stress is because “men will be lovers of themselves.”
59. Religious cults would mushroom (Matthew 24:5, 11; 2 Peter 2:1).
Numerous cults have emerged in these last days.
60. The returning Jews would once again use the ancient shekel for commerce (Ezekiel 45:12; Amos 8:5). Amazingly, the shekel is now Israel’s official currency.
61. A large asteroid or meteorite predicted to hit the earth during the Tribulation (Revelation 8:10-11). In 2002, an asteroid the size of a football field passed extremely close to Earth, remaining undetected until days later.
62. Nuclear energy foreseen (Revelation 8:10-11). While this prophecy is clearly a divine judgment, it is interesting that an asteroid or comet strike could easily breach nuclear power plants which are commonly located near large bodies of water. This would contaminate (make bitter) vast waterways.
63. Plans to rebuild the temple in Israel anticipated (Revelation 11:1-2; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4; Matthew 24:15). Preparations by the Temple Institute are nearly complete.
64. A red heifer without blemish must be born and sacrificed to purify the temple in Israel (Numbers 19:2, 3, 5, 9). A kosher red heifer was born in 2002 and remains without blemish!
65. The temple sacrifices would be reinstitued in Israel in the last days (Daniel 9:27; Daniel 12:11). Daniel foresaw the Antichrist ending the daily sacrifices. Therefore, the Jewish sacrificial system must have first been restored in the last days.
Currently, the Temple Institute has created all the temple furniture and vessels. There are also several hundred young Jewish men in training for the Levitical priesthood.
66. In the last days, Israel would be surrounded by enemy Nations. (Psalm 83:4-8).
67. Israel would remain invincible except during the Great Tribulation (Zechariah 12:6-9). Even during those last 3 � years, when it looks like Israel will be destroyed, the Lord shall deliver Israel from the hands of her enemies. (Jeremiah 30:3-7; Zechariah 14; Mark 13:14-20).
Since 1948, Israel has been attacked in three major wars and six lesser wars, yet despite being vastly outnumbered, they have destroyed all attacking foes.
68. In the last days, fallen angels would mingle with mankind (Luke 17:26; Genesis 6:1-4). This may account for the explosion of ET/Alien abduction reports during the last 50 years.
69. The majority of those in the last days church would be lukewarm, wealthy, complacent and would be vomited into tribulation (Revelation 3:14-16). Polls reveal that a high percentage of professing Christians deny that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Many even deny that Jesus is God.
70. There would be a move towards a one-world religion.
(Revelation 13:8,12; Revelation 17).
71. Many would say that Christ is in the “secret chambers” or “inner rooms” in the last days. (Matthew 24:26). According to the Catholic Church, Christ is in the inner rooms of hundreds of thousands of Catholic churches – either in Eucharistic tabernacles or in Eucharistic monstrances. Jesus also warned that this deception would be acompanied by great signs and wonders (Matthew 24:23-27). Currently, Eucharistic miracles are reported around the globe.
A woman, who is an impostor, would call herself “queen” and head the global counterfeit church in the last days (Revelation 17; 18:7).
Tens of millions follow the apparition of Mary, who claims that she is the Mother of the Church, the Lady of All Nations, the Co-Redemptrix, and the Queen of Heaven and Earth.
73. The woman would also embody a great city set on seven hills (Revelation 17:9, 18). The Queen of Heaven is considered the Mother of the Roman Catholic Church which has its headquarters (the Vatican) situated on seven hills. As the Catholic Encyclopedia states, “It is within the city of Rome, called the city of seven hills, that the entire area of Vatican State proper is now confined.”
74. In the last days, this wicked woman would go out over the face of the whole earth. She would be associated with a global curse. Her final destination would be Babylon – in the land of Shinar (Zechariah 5).
Interestingly, the apparition of Mary claims that she will soon travel through the entire world saving those who look to her.
75. This female impostor would come in Christ’s name seducing His followers to commit idolatry (Revelation 2:20-22; 17:4,5).
The apparition of Mary encourages millions to bow down to her statues and visit her shrines. Worldwide, she also stresses the importance of worshiping the Eucharist.
76. The Lady of Kingdoms would deceive God’s people.
Ultimately, the Lord would expose her true identity (Isaiah 47).
It is provocative that an apparition of Mary entitled “The Lady of Nations” has initiated Catholics to petition the pope to declare her Co-Redemptrix. Nearly 7 million petitions have been sent to the pope urging him to declare her Co-Redemptrix.
77. Epidemic drug use predicted (Revelation 9:21). The Greek word translated sorceries is pharmakeia which refers to drug use, both illegal drugs and mind-altering drugs.
78. Sorceries – referring to witchcraft, magic, or occult practices used to enchant and deceive – are also anticipated in the last days (Revelation 9:21; Revelation 18:23; Isaiah 47:9-15; Micah 5:10-15)
79. Israel would be partitioned by other nations (Joel 3:2; Daniel 11:39). This has been a top priority for the United Nations since Israel’s statehood. Currently, the West Bank, the Golan Heights, and Gaza, have been divided up into Jewish and Palestinian settlements.
80. A global arms race would occur (Joel 3:9-14; Revelation 16:14).
Never in history have so many nations stockpiled armaments.
81. Atomic fission anticipated (2 Peter 3:10-12). The Greek word translated elements is stoicheion which refers to the Greek letters: alpha, beta, gamma, etc. These are fundamental particles and rays of the atomic nuclei which are emitted from a molecule during radioactive decay. Peter predicted these elements would “melt with fervent heat” when the earth and the heavens are “dissolved” by fire. Today we understand that if the elements of the atom are loosed, there would be an enormous release of heat and energy (radiation).
82. Financial systems would depend on numbers not cash (Revelation 13:17-18).
83. Environmental devastation of the planet foreseen (Revelation 11:18). Our generation has done more to ravage the environment than any previous generation.
84. A global economic system would exist ( Revelation 13:17; 18:3, 11 , 19 , 23 ). Today, globalists in every level of government are seeking to unite the world. Connecting the world monetarily is crucial to their goal.
85. There would be “signs in the sun” (Luke 21:25).
This could refer to the increase in sunspots and solar flares.
86. Many would call themselves the Christ (Matthew 24:5). Jesus was an itinerate preacher who never traveled outside the tiny nation of Israel and He had the audacity to say that many would come in His name, claiming to be the Christ. And yet today, multitudes within the New Age Movement, Eastern religions, and the cults call themselves the Christ.
87. God predicted that His name would be great among the nations (Malachi 1:11; Philippians 2:9-11). As we begin the 3rd millennium, nearly 2 billion people profess to be Christians.
Ironically, over one billion Muslims regard Jesus as the Christ and the only sinless prophet, though they deny His claims that He rose from the dead and that He is divine.
Most of the remaining population regard Jesus as the greatest prophet and teacher ever. As foretold, no other name compares to the fame ascribed to Jesus Christ.
88. Jesus predicted that even after heaven and earth pass away, His words would never be forgotten (Luke 21:33). As we near the end of the age, we see that Christ’s words remain as accurate, renowned, and relevant as they were 2000 years ago. Today, Bible societies distribute approximately 600 million Scripture portions or entire Bibles every single year.
89. Despite the Bible’s numerous warnings and last days prophecies, most people would be taken off guard when these events culminate (Luke 21:35-36; 1 Thessalonians 5:2).
90. All true followers of Christ would suddenly vanish – raptured (caught up) by God to heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52).
A false explanation will deceive the unsuspecting masses (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12).
Today many apparitions, angels, ETs, cults, and New Agers are offering a counterfeit explanation for this soon to take place event.
91. After the Rapture (during the Tribulation), innumerable multitudes from every nation would wake up and turn to the true Jesus of the Bible and be saved (Revelation 7:9-17).
In addition, the Bible indicates that after a chastening period (the Tribulation) multitudes from Egypt to Assyria (Iraq and surrounding nations) would call upon the name of the Lord and be saved (Isaiah 19:16-25).
Today, the seeds of the gospel are being spread in every nation – including the Middle East!
92. In the last days Israel would have a peace treaty in place that the Antichrist will confirm and eventually break (Daniel 9:27).
Currently the world’s governments are striving for an Israeli peace treaty.
93. The final generation would be open to receiving a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads (Revelation 13:16). Consider how the up and coming generation is tattooed, pierced and marked with all kinds of insignia.
94. Some professing Christians would give heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons (1 Timothy 4:1). This generation has witnessed the explosion of apparitions and other “heavenly visitors” that are embraced by professing Christians even though their doctrines contradict the Word of God.
95. People would reject the sound doctrine of the Word of God and follow the doctrines of men that appeal to their own lusts ( 2 Timothy 4:3-4; Acts 20:29-30).
Jesus also predicted that there would be many hypocrites within the church (Matthew 24:48-51; Matthew 7:22-23).
96. Many would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code:
blaspheming, committing adultery, disobeying parents, stealing, lying, coveting, etc.
(Matthew 24:12; Revelation 9:21).
97. Idolatry would be pervasive (Revelation 9:20). An idol is anything that competes with the attention due only to our Creator. Money, position, pleasure, a person, possessions, and any created thing can all become idols (Romans 1:18-25; 2 Timothy 3:1-4).
98. Blasphemy would be common (2 Timothy 3:2; Revelation 16:9, 11, 21).
Consider how often people use their Creator’s name (God or Jesus Christ) as a curse word. What they have done is liken the One who is the source of every blessing (eyesight, sunsets, food, family, friends, etc.) to a four-letter curse word.
Fifty years ago, Hollywood seldom used God’s name in vain.
Today, nearly every movie includes blasphemy.
99. Sexual immorality would be rampant (Jude 18; Revelation 9:21).
Keep in mind, Jesus said whoever looks to lust has already committed adultery in his heart (Matthew 5:28). Therefore, God equates Internet porn, lustful movies, TV shows, and magazines to fornication.
100. Men would sear their conscience so they could continue in sin (1 Timothy 4:2).
The conscience is where God reveals right and wrong.
Con means with and science means knowledge.
Therefore we sin “with knowledge” when we ignore God’s moral law and violate our own conscience.
101. Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying,
“These signs have always been around” (2 Peter 3:3-4).
The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust.
There are many more last days prophecies (several too detailed for this brief list), however these 101 demonstrate that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is true that some of these signs have been around for millennia. But only our generation has witnessed the coming together of every one of these events. Contrast the Bible’s 100% track record with other self-proclaimed prophetic sources and there is no comparison. The false prophets typically repackage and plagiarize the Bible’s prophecies for the unsuspecting masses, or they make so many vague prophecies that one is bound to be fulfilled. Nostradamus did both.
Jesus also predicted that when these signs begin to happen that some men would be paralyzed with fear (Luke 21:26), while others would look up with hopeful expectation (Luke 21:28). Which camp do you fall into? If you’re fearful, there is good news and bad news. The bad news is that God will judge every man who breaks even one of His laws. Have you ever blasphemed your Creator’s name? Lied (white lies and fibs count)? Stolen (cheating on a test or taxes is stealing)? Looked with lust? If you have answered “Yes” to these questions, then by your own admission, you are a blaspheming, lying, thieving, adulterer at heart. And we have only looked at four of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20).
That’s how God sees you. Keep in mind, God sees every secret sin of your past as if it just occurred. Nothing is hidden from His holy eyes. Also remember that Jesus rebuked the pious religious leaders of His day because, though they appeared good on the outside, inside they were prideful hypocrites. They were trusting in their own “goodness,” but the Lord saw their heart. No matter how upright we may appear on the surface, all of us have broken God’s holy commandments and need the Savior. Please listen to your conscience. You know you are guilty, and therefore will end up in hell. That’s not God’s will. In fact, God “is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).
The good news is that God has made a way to freely forgive us so that we may spend eternity with Him in heaven. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). God desires a loving, eternal relationship with each person – free from sin, fear, and pain. Therefore, He sent His Son to die as our substitute on the cross. “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Jesus never sinned, yet He bore all our sins on the cross. All who turn from their sins and call on His name will be saved. That is awesome news!
If these signs alarm you, thank God, because the Lord wants to wake you from your spiritual slumber and give you eternal life. To repent of your sins and place your trust in Jesus Christ, make Psalm 51 your prayer. Then read your Bible daily, obeying what you read. God will never let you down.
Courtesy of an article on http://livingwaters.com